Shia LaBeouf found himself publicly lambasted for releasing a short film called HowardCantour.com that was a carbon copy remake of Daniel Clowes’ comic “Justin M. Damiano.” Nowhere did he attribute the source material and was quickly met with a critical backlash, which he hasn’t stopped apologizing for since.
From tweets to skywriting, it’s all culminating in a performance art piece currently underway in Los Angeles called “#IAMSORRY” conceptualized by Shia himself. In it he wears a paper bag over his head and cries with visitors.
While he’s in there doing that, here are some other things he can ask to be forgiven for.
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
This movie was not worthy of the franchise.
2. Putting Megan Fox on blast.
In an interview with Details magazine, he said of their fling: “Look, you’re on the set for six months, with someone who’s rooting to be attracted to you, and you’re rooting to be attracted to them. I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry onscreen…It was what it was.”
3. Inspiring annoying younger brothers everywhere to be that much more annoying.
4. Spawning more #IAMSORRY exhibits in Los Angeles.
Jerry O’Connell just opened up his spoof of Shia’s for one day only.
5. Two too many Transformers movies.
6. Freaking all the drivers out in L.A. with his death stare.
He has a history of road rage. In February 2005, he was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after threatening a neighbor and driving into their car.
7. This naked music video.
8. Dragging everyone into his feud with Alec Baldwin.
Like, who cares?
9. Then for apologizing to Alec Baldwin in a letter that was also plagiarized.
10. Sabotaging L.A.’s clear skies with his drama.
11. His beard.
This is probably an ongoing list as time goes on, so consider this part 1 of part 234,105.