White foods are plagued with accusations of bleaching, bad carbs, and being bland, nutrient deficient choices. But not this salad. Sweet, starchy jicama and snappy daikon radish make this a crisp, refreshing root vegetable salad. Have your white food in "good for you" form. And have it after Labor Day like a boss.
- 2 cups cooked white quinoa
- 1 cup peeled and grated daikon radish
- 1 cup peeled and grated jicama
- 1/3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and white pepper
- Garnish with cilantro (yes, the green kind – it’s needed)
In large bowl, toss quinoa, onion, daikon, and jicama with the olive oil and rice vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in crumbled feta. Cover in plastic wrap and store in fridge. Serve cold or at room temperature.