A Little Debbie favorite – homemade.
Oatmeal Crème Pies
- 1 and 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats (not whole-rolled oats)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugars together at medium speed with a mixer (hand held or standing) until light and creamy. Add egg, vanilla, and molasses.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
Drop dough onto parchment paper. If you have a cookie scoop, use it. If not, make sure each ball of dough is about 3 Tablespoons in measurement. Drop each ball of dough 2 inches apart.
Bake for 10 minutes, until cookies are lightly golden around the edges. Cool cookies on cookie sheet then transfer to a wire rack.
Beat butter for about 1 minute until creamy. Add the powdered sugar and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour in heavy cream and vanilla extract. Mix on high for 4 minutes, until fluffy and add a teaspoon or two more of heavy cream if mixture is too thick.
Spread 1-2 tablespoons of filling on half of the cookies and top with remaining cookies.