After Playing Video Games For 20 Hours Straight, This Gamer Faced Horrifying Repercussions

By 

Just in case you thought playing video games was about the safest thing you could do with your life. A Chinese gamer became paralyzed after playing for too long in one marathon session. The young man was cooped up in an internet cafe for almost a full day when he lost the sensation in his legs. And he had to be rushed to a local hospital.

The man was playing video games for nearly 20 hours straight before he could no longer move his legs. This all happened in Jiaxing, Zhejiang Province, on Feb. 4. And most gamers have never seen anything like it.

The unidentified man’s friend said of the situation, “It seems he had lost sensation completely and couldn’t move at all. We had to call for an ambulance.”

The gamer realized he couldn’t move his legs only once he finally needed to use the toilet. When he tried to stand up, he couldn’t move his legs at all.

Most disturbingly, as ambulance techs took the man away on a stretcher, he screamed for someone else to continue playing his game. He didn’t want to lose his place in the game just because a medical emergency was happening to him.

Intense gaming like this has been a major problem in China. The government has attempted to crack down on gaming’s addictive nature and wants to put laws in place to protect its citizens from situations like the one that befell this hapless nerd.