Have you ever seen a churro in a more glorious state?! When we came across the image below of a churro ice cream bowl with Nutella and salted caramel, we knew we had to have it. Luckily, Karina at Cafe Delites had a recipe on hand to satisfy our every craving. With a few simple steps and a boat load of sugar, you'll be well on your way to making the ultimate churro ice cream bowl of your dreams, because who needs a diet?
½ cup butter
1 cup water
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1⅛ cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ cup cinnamon sugar
1. Before starting on your masterpiece that is a churro ice cream bowl, be sure to preheat the oven to 440 degrees. Then, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add water, sugar and salt. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
2. Drop the flour into the butter mixture and turn with a large wooden spoon until it forms a ball. Remove from heat, cool it off for 5 minutes, and then add the vanilla and eggs one by one. Beat quickly until it has a smooth consistency.
3. Now for the fun part! Scoop the dough into a double lined pastry bag with a star tip nozzle — this will create the ultimate churro bowl.
4. Starting from the bottom, pipe the dough around every other cup on a greased muffin tin to form bowls. For crispier churros, lightly coat each bowl with cooking oil spray. Insert into the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden and crispy.
5. In order to churro-fy your bowls, fill a shallow bowl with cinnamon and sugar and coat the bowls.
6. Serve with ice cream and fudge sauce and enjoy!