Dessert and lasagna typically aren’t two things you should consume together—that would be gross. However, some food blogging genius named The Cookie Rookie has come up with an amazing recipe that combines sweet layers of cheesecake, chocolate pudding and whipped cream to create a red velvet dessert lasagna complete with an Oreo crust! Layered like lasagna but with the ingredients of cake, this dessert is a serious mouthful of greatness.
For the crust:
1 Package Oreos
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
For the bottom layer:
1 8-Ounce package low fat cream cheese, softened
1 Cup sugar
1 8-Ounce containers lite cool whip
1 Tsp. lemon juice
For the middle layer:
1 6-Ounce packet instant chocolate pudding
3 Cups cold milk
4 Ounces cream cheese, softened
Red food coloring
For the top layer:
1 8-Ounce container Lite Cool Whip
1 Cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
2. Blend together the Oreos and butter in a high powered blender or food processor until smooth.
3. Pour the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the dish, completely covering the bottom. Pack the crumbled Oreos as much as possible with a spoon or your fingers and bake the crust for 5-8 minutes or until slightly toasted.
4. While crust is cooling, mix together the middle two layers. In one bowl, beat together the low fat cream cheese, sugar, Cool Whip, and lemon juice.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the pudding mix and milk and beat for 2 minutes until the pudding thickens. Beat in the cream cheese and red food coloring (about 10 drops.)
6. Pour the bottom layer (the cheesecake layer) onto the crust and smooth out with a spatula.
7. Top with the red velvet layer, smoothing out that layer as well.
8. Top with the remaining container of cool whip and sprinkle with mini chocolate chips.
9. Chill in freezer or fridge for at least an hour before serving. You can serve it frozen or just chilled, depending on your preferences. It's delicious either way!