Teen paralyzed after eating a slugSam Ballard is an Australian teen paralyzed after eating a slug on a dare. For then-19-year-old Sam Ballard, a relaxing, balmy Australian night took a disastrous turn after a simple dare went sideways. When an infected slug crawled into view of Ballard and his mates, the teen swallowed it, giving in to the playful prodding of his friends. Shortly after, Ballard was fighting for his life in the intensive care unit of a nearby hospital. It was the start of became a years-long struggle for the once-healthy young man. Ballard has fought to reclaim his quality of life. But it will only ever be a shadow of what had before that fateful swallow.
1 of 10