Parents always tell their children to focus on the present and not on the past. But sometimes, it just can’t help but feel like everyone is stuck in the wrong era. That’s why shows like “Downton Abbey” and “Friends” are so popular. Viewers just want to feel what it was like to live in another time.
Some people would give anything to go back in time to the popstar-buzzing 2000s, when boy bands and hair extensions were all the rage. And some people just aren’t suited for the current era of social media and new technology. So take this quiz to find out which era to live through next!
Choose a CD to listen to on repeat:
- CrazySexyCool by TLC
- Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande
- The Wall by Pink Floyd
- The Voice of Frank Sinatra by Frank Sinatra
Hunger strikes! What happens next?
- Get a frozen dinner and microwave it. Hey! It’s cheap and convenient. What’s not to like?
- There's a massive craving for some carbs, so a few toaster strudels are popped in the oven.
- Reach into a hoodie’s kangaroo pocket and use that $5 Uber Eats coupon there to order a Big Mac.
- Start prepping in the afternoon. Dinner is the most important meal after all! The chosen dish? Homemade meatloaf and potato and hot dog salad.
What outfit would be more likely to be seen in?
- Cargo pants and a grunge-inspired plaid shirt, or low rise jeans, spaghetti strap tank top and a cardigan with embroidered daisies.
- Folk embroidered shirt and bellbottom jeans, or tie-dye shirts, jean shorts and platform shoes.
- A classy and form-fitting knee length A-line dress or a men’s suit inspired by the Zoot Suit.
- A pastel bucket hat and choker, or a matching set of comfy unicorn print sweatshirt and jogging pants.
We stumble into a Time Machine that only travels back in time. What’s the first thing that happens?
- Tell Britney Spears to never, ever marry Kevin Federline.
- Invest in Microsoft stocks.
- Break up John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s relationship. Hey! Who wouldn’t want more albums from The Beatles?
- Attend Frank Sinatra’s first solo concert at New York city’s Paramount Theater near Times Square. Wow. Just wow!
What would a dream first date look like?
- After matching on Tinder, we chat for a few weeks and meet up at a public space. If they’re not crazy and pass the vibe check, we hang out again to ride a rollercoaster on Santa Monica Pier or go rock climbing.
- Someone would take me to the movies to watch Casablanca, usually among other friends, and try to sneak in a hug or an awkward smooch. A gentleman always foots the bill, of course. But it’s a fair trade: I spent a lot of money on makeup and a new outfit!
- No one should care about labels or the status quo. First dates are more about having a good time and exploring options. It's fine either way, since my career and education are more important.
- Walk around the mall holding hands, trying to decide which movie to watch. After kicking it for a few hours, we hit the local Starbucks. When it’s time to go back home, the guy drives his date home. I sit in the car for a few hours and listen to Oasis, wondering when it’d be the right time to give my crush a kiss.
Choose a pair of jeans:
- Low-rise with laces at the front.
- Bell-bottom high wasted jeans
- Overalls and dungarees
- High-wasted skinny jeans
Choose the most beautiful makeup look:
- A splash of red lipstick and a subtle rosy glow on my cheeks. Fair and natural is the way to go
- Winged eyeliner, lip fillers, well-defined eyebrows, foxy eyes, and Botox. Oh! And highlighter!
- Soft foundation, smoky eyes, and peachy lips is all I need to glow.
- Shimmering metallic eyeshadows, black liner, lip gloss and maybe an eyebrow piercing.
What does a perfect Saturday night look like?
- Getting angry at the latest news on Reddit while I cozy up in my couch next to some takeout food, or going on an exciting date with a new Tinder match
- Going absolutely wild and forgetting about what I did the next day. Free as a bird, happy as a clam!
- Dancing till the early morning hours to the latest MTV pop music video.
- Go to a jitterbug contest and compete to see who’s got the best dance moves!
There’s a glitch in the Matrix and we travel to the past. What is missed the most?
- Gender equality
- Instagram and TikTok
Which of these movies is a favorite?
- Citizen Kane
- Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Who is the best dancer?
- Michael Jackson
- Mick Jagger
- Charli D’Amelio
- Fred Astaire
How would friends and family describe the person reading this quiz?
- Chill, laidback, friendly. I love spending time in nature and coming up with new things to do all the time.
- I'm da bomb. My friends can always count on me. If they’re bummed, I'll be on the phone with them for hours until they feel better.
- I'm a whimsical kindred spirit who’s always up for an adventure. If I have to hitchhike to get there, then so be it.
- I'm that kind of friend who would never post a photo on Insta where I'm the only one that looks hot. Either we're both rocking the pic, or I don’t post it.
What would end a friendship immediately?
- A friend kissing the person I liked
- A friend unfollowed me on Insta
- I found out my friend doesn’t believe in equal rights
- My friend doesn’t like N’Sync or the Backstreet Boys. I just can’t handle that negativity in my life.
Choose a dream job:
- Influencer or model
- Professional Basketball Player
- Airline pilot
What is the best thing to drink?
- Pumpkin spice latte or sugar-free vodka
- Snapple or Nestle Quick
- Piña Colada
- Tom Collins
Which one of these artists is the most overrated and is too scandalous and controversial for no reason?
- Britney Spears
- The Monkees
- Vanilla Ice
What is the best way to make friends?
- Download Bumble BFF, hit other Redditors online, or slide into someone’s DMS on Instagram
- I just sit at a nearby park bench and wait until the right moment to introduce myself
- At the local arcade or amusement park
- Hanging out with neighbors and meeting new friends when they throw a party
What are some things that should disappear from the world?
- Inequality, gender bias, racial profiling, war and Yoko Ono
- Inequality, gender bias, racial profiling, influencers and cringy TikTok teens
- Inequality, gender bias, racism, WW2, and Nazis
- Inequality, gender bias, racism, Nickelback, and dial-up internet
What is the best way to communicate to get in touch with friends?
- Public telephone or throw a few rocks at a friend’s window to see if they are allowed to go out
- Facetime, send a DM, or tag them on a meme on Instagram
- Send an email or an SMS on the phone
- Knock on a friend’s door and see if they're home
What is the biggest problem with kids today?
- Too narcissistic and wimpy
- They’re too sensitive about everything and they don’t know the meaning of hard work
- Too materialistic
- Everyone thinks they’re “special” but they’re tone-deaf and hedonistic. The second something gets too hard, they drop it.
Which TV show could be watched on repeat forever?
- Breaking Bad
- The Ed Sullivan Show
What’s the biggest social etiquette pet peeve?
- People who only hang out with the people they met in college or school. Why can’t they make friends at the bus stop or a café?
- People who don’t really listen to what other people are saying and are just waiting for their turn to talk about themselves.
- People who don’t wipe their lipstick marks from their glass at a dinner party
- Women who don’t wear a bra under their outfits. Ugh. How unsightly!
The best toy for kids was...
- A Barbie doll or a G.I. Joe doll
- Slime, Fortnite, Squishies, or a fidget spinner
- Nerf ball or a pet rock
- Slinky or Silly Putty
What kind of photos should be posted on Instagram? Be honest!
- Candid and goofy everyday photos with friends
- Curated feed of the most aesthetic moments in life
- Photos of the random things found by the beach. Seashells, pieces of glass, a dead seagull, etc.
- Photos that give people a feeling of inner peace and lift spirits
What is the most unbecoming thing a woman can have or do?
- When her roots are showing after waiting too long to visit the salon. Gasp!
- Choosing to not get married or have kids. Is their career going to take care of them when they're sick?
- Openly dating several guys at the same time. So greedy!
- Saying “no” to herself