Your parents have probably been telling you your whole life to focus on the present and not on the past. But sometimes, you can’t help but feel as though you’re from a different era. Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever watched a period piece movie or show like “Downton Abbey” and thought, “Wow! I wish I had been born during that era?”
Would you give anything to go back in time to the popstar-buzzing 2000s, when boy bands and hair extensions were all the rage? If that’s the case then you might have been born into the wrong era. So if you’re curious about whether you’re suited for the current era or not, then take this quiz and find out.
Choose a CD you’d listen on repeat:
- CrazySexyCool by TLC
- Thank U, Next by Ariana Grande
- The Wall by Pink Floyd
- The Voice of Frank Sinatra by Frank Sinatra
You’re hungry. What do you do?
- Get a frozen dinner and microwave it. Hey! It’s cheap and convenient. What’s not to like?
- You’re massively craving some carbs, so you pop a few toaster strudels in the oven.
- You reach into your hoodie’s kangaroo pocket and use that $5 Uber Eats coupon you’ve been saving to order a Big Mac.
- You start prepping in the afternoon. Dinner is the most important meal after all! Your chosen dish? Homemade meatloaf and potato and hot dog salad.
What outfit would you be more likely to be seen in?
- Cargo pants and a grunge-inspired plaid shirt, or low rise jeans, spaghetti strap tank top and a cardigan with embroidered daisies.
- Folk embroidered shirt and bellbottom jeans, or tie-dye shirts, jean shorts and platform shoes.
- A classy and form-fitting knee length A-line dress or a men’s suit inspired by the Zoot Suit.
- A pastel bucket hat and choker, or a matching set of comfy unicorn print sweatshirt and jogging pants.
You stumble into a Time Machine that only travels back in time. What’s the first thing you do?
- Tell Britney Spears to never, ever marry Kevin Federline.
- Invest in Microsoft stocks.
- Break up John Lennon and Yoko Ono’s relationship. Hey! Who wouldn’t want more albums from The Beatles?
- Attend Frank Sinatra’s first solo concert at New York city’s Paramount Theater near Times Square. Wow. Just wow!
What would your dream first date look like?
- After matching on Tinder, we chat for a few weeks and meet up at a public space. If they’re not crazy and pass the vibe check, you hang out again to ride a rollercoaster on Santa Monica Pier or go rock climbing.
- Your crush would take you to the movies to watch Casablanca, usually among other friends, and try to sneak in a hug or an awkward smooch. A gentleman always foots the bill, of course. But it’s a fair trade: you spent a lot of money on makeup and a new outfit!
- You don’t care about labels or the status quo. First dates to you are more about having a good time and exploring your options. You’re not looking for a husband or wife, per se. You’re fine either way, since your career and education are more important.
- You walk around the mall holding hands, trying to decide which movie to watch. After kicking it for a few hours, you hit the local Starbucks. When it’s time to go back home, the guy drives his date home. You sit in the car for a few hours and listen to Oasis, wondering when it’d be the right time to give your crush a kiss.
You prefer to wear jeans that are…
- Low-rise with laces at the front.
- Bell-bottom high wasted jeans
- Overalls and dungarees
- High-wasted skinny jeans
What do you think your face needs to be more beautiful?
- A splash of red lipstick and a subtle rosy glow on my cheeks. Fair and natural is the way to go
- Winged eyeliner, lip fillers, well-defined eyebrows, foxy eyes, and Botox. Oh! And highlighter!
- Soft foundation, smoky eyes, and peachy lips is all you need to glow.
- Shimmering metallic eyeshadows, black liner, lip gloss and maybe an eyebrow piercing.
What does your perfect Saturday night looks like?
- Getting angry at the latest news on Reddit while you cozy up in your couch next to some takeout food, or going on an exciting date with a new Tinder match
- Going absolutely wild and forgetting about what you did, (and WHO you did) the next day. Free as a bird, happy as a clam!
- Dancing till the early morning hours to the latest MTV pop music video.
- Go to a jitterbug contest and compete to see who’s got the best dance moves!
There’s a glitch in the Matrix and you traveled to the past. What do you miss the most?
- Cigarettes (even though you know you shouldn’t!)
- Gender equality
- Instagram and TikTok (even though you know you shouldn’t!)
Which of these movies is your favorite?
- Citizen Kane
- Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood
Which one would you say in the best dancer?
- Michael Jackson
- Mick Jagger
- Charli D’Amelio
- Fred Astaire
How would your friends and family describe you?
- Chill, laidback, friendly. You love spending time in Nature, coming up with new things to do all the time.
- You’re da bomb. Your friends can always count on you. If they’re bummed, you’ll be on the phone with them for hours until they feel better.
- You’re a whimsical kindred spirit who’s always up for an adventure. If you have to hitchhike to get there, then so be it.
- You’re that kind of friend who would never post a photo on Insta where you’re the only one that looks hot. Either you’re both rocking the pic, or you don’t post it.
What would end a friendship immediately?
- Your friend kissed the girl you liked
- Your friend unfollowed you on Insta
- You found out your friend doesn’t believe in equal rights
- Your friend doesn’t like N’Sync or the Backstreet Boys. You just can’t handle that negativity in your life.
What’s your dream job?
- Influencer or model
- Professional Basketball Player
- Airline pilot
What is your favorite thing to drink?
- Pumpkin spice latte or sugar-free vodka
- Snapple or Nestle Quick
- Piña Colada
- Tom Collins
Which one of these artists do you think is the most overrated and is too scandalous and controversial for no reason?
- Britney Spears
- The Monkees
- Vanilla Ice
How do you make friends?
- Download Bumble BFF, hit other Redditors online, or slide into someone’s DMS on Instagram
- I just sit at a nearby park bench and wait until the right moment to introduce myself
- At the local arcade game or the bar after you turn 21
- You hang out with neighbors and meet new friends when they throw a party
What are some things you wish would disappear from the world?
- Inequality, gender bias, racial profiling, war and Yoko Ono
- Inequality, gender bias, racial profiling, influencers and cringy TikTok teens
- Inequality, gender bias, racism, WW2, and Nazis
- Inequality, gender bias, racism, Nickelback, and dial-up internet
How do you communicate when you want to get in touch with your friends?
- Public telephone or throw a few rocks to your friend’s window to see if they were allowed to go out
- Facetime, send a DM, or tag them on a meme on Instagram
- Send an email or an SMS on your phone (if you had enough credit)
- Knock on your friend’s door and see if they're home
What do you think is the biggest problem with young kids today?
- Too narcissistic and wimpy
- They’re too sensitive about everything and they don’t know the meaning of hard work
- Too oversexualized
- Everyone thinks they’re “special” but they’re tone-deaf and hedonistic. The second something gets too hard, they drop it.
Which TV show would you watch on repeat forever?
- Breaking Bad
- The Ed Sullivan Show
What’s your biggest social etiquette pet peeve?
- People who only hang out with the people they met in college or school. Why can’t you make friends at the bus stop or a café?
- People who don’t really listen to what other people are saying and are just waiting for their turn to talk about themselves.
- People who don’t wipe their lipstick marks from their glass at a dinner party
- Women who don’t wear a bra under their outfits. Ugh. How unsightly!
Your favorite toy as a kid was…
- A Barbie doll or a G.I. Joe doll
- Slime, Fortnite, Squishies, or a fidget spinner
- Nerf ball or a pet rock
- Slinky or Silly Putty
What kind of photos do you post on your Instagram account? Be honest!
- Candid and goofy everyday photos with your friends
- Curated feed of the most aesthetic moments in your life
- Photos of the random things you found by the beach. Seashells, pieces of glass, a dead seagull, etc.
- Photos that give you inner peace and lift your spirit
What is the most unbecoming thing a woman can have or do?
- When her roots are showing after waiting too long to visit the salon. Gasp!
- Choosing to not get married or have kids. Is your career going to take care of you when you’re sick?
- Openly dating several guys at the same time. So greedy!
- Saying “no” to yourself