Why It Seriously Looks Like Brock Lesnar Is Making A Return To UFC

Bryan Brandom
(Photo: Getty Images)

Last time we saw Brock Lesnar do battle in the UFC, he took down Mark Hunt at UFC 200, before being taken down himself by a pair of failed drug tests related to the fight.

But with his WWE contract set to expire in April, it appears the former UFC heavyweight champion will be returning to the MMA promotion—just as soon as his one-year suspension from USADA, which froze during his time in entertainment wrestling, is up.

During an appearance on SiriusXM Nascar, UFC president Dana White said of the chances of a Lesnar return to the octagon: “They’re very, very, very good.”

Earlier this week, White told TMZ Sports he hopes the 40-year-old returns to the promotion.

“Yeah, I’d like to see him come back,” White said in a video shared on Monday.

“Brock’s been fun. When Brock Lesnar won the championship, it was fun.”

Later that day, White shared a photo of him and Lesnar, wearing a UFC shirt, on Instagram.

The caption: a smiley face.

 

😃

A post shared by Dana White (@danawhite) on

One person most certainly unenthused with the possible return of Lesnar: Hunt, who called his UFC 200 opponent “a gimp” and “dirty, scummy, cheating scum” after the results of Lesnar’s tests were revealed.

He hasn’t forgiven the fighter or the promotion.

“He shouldn’t be fighting, he’s just a cheater,” Hunt recently told Submission Radio.

“It just goes to show the credibility when a guy like Brock Lesnar’s coming back, so it’s all about money.

“You don’t really care about the fighters at all. We’re setting a bad example. It’s pathetic, that’s all I can say. He’s a bum.”

If and when Lesnar rejoins the UFC, he’ll have to wait six months, the remainder of his suspension, to fight again.

Share on Twitter

Conversations